- Must live within five (5) road miles of the Grayson Fire Station*
- Submit an Application for Membership with the following items:
- Photocopy of your Kentucky Motor Vehicle Operators License
- Photocopy of your High School Diploma or GED
- Photocopy of your DD214 if you served in the U.S. Military
- Complete felony conviction record application for the background investigation
- Submit copies of certificates and training records for any prior fire service
- Submit copies of certificates and training records for any medical training
*(exceptions considered on a case by case basis)
What is the process?
1) Turn in completed membership application form.
2) Background investigation
3) Invitation to attend 3 consecutive meetings.
4) Attend 3 consecutive meetings.
5) Membership votes to bring you on for 90 probationary period.
6) Be an active member and participate in training during those 90 days.
7) Membership votes to bring you on for full membership to the GFD.
Congratulations, you are now a member of the Grayson Fire Department!
Junior Firefighter Program
Not 18 yet? Not a problem, you can still be a part of the Grayson Fire Department as a Junior Firefighter.
Our Junior Firefighter Program is the oldest recognized program in Kentucky!
Are you interested in becoming a Junior Firefighter to jump start you firefighting career? Check out the program information, and then print and complete both parts of the Junior Application. The completed application can be dropped off at the Grayson Fire Department on any Tuesday evening, our training night.